Wednesday, September 17, 2008

ESSAY

Computers affect our lives more and more everyday. When we watch news on television, we see charts and diagrams on the screen. These are computer graphics. There are modern cars that have computers to control the amount of fuel they use or to check that they are safe to drive. Computers help people with handicaps to move around and computers can help them to speak. At home washing machines are programmed to wash clothes. In offices, computers make office work light and easy. computers also affect the mind of many people mostly to our youth, because of computer games. Once they play, it will surely become their hobby because of the enjoyment they get, and then they will be addicted so because of that they will never be more interested with their study, instead of reading books and do their assignment they just wasted time in playing computer games.


SHORT STORY

While I slept, I dreamed of a genie. He walked to my bedside and looked at me with round eyes like of an owl. He ask what things I want, the genie give me three wishes and then I do. My first wish is money worth 1million pesos, and then I follow my second wish which is house and lot and my last wish is a brand new car. ''Yes, Master,'' he replied, but first , close your eyes so I'll obey your wish.'' When I opened my eyes, I could not believe what I saw, words froze in front of my mouth and hung in the air; I shout and say, wow! it's a miracle, I suddenly touch the money, I saw the big house, and a key of a brand new car is on my pocket. But a dream suddenly cut because I heard my Mom shouted, and she say, ''wake up Kathy, your going to school now.

No comments: